Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scanna283
Returning Member

2023 MAPFML Not Calculating

I've seen the article "MAPFML Not Calculating" https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/mapfml-not-calculating/00/111811... and the responses for 2019 and 2020, but there still appears to be an issue for 2023.

My W2 entries for "Box 14 and supplemental statement" are categorized as "Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave" 

In the MA state interview from the summary page I clicked on "Taxes and Credits" continued to the MA family leave page and answered "yes" for excess. 

The next page prompted me to enter the "Total PMFL Contribution" and my "Total W-2 Income". 

Selecting Continue, regardless or the values, always produces "You do not have any excess PFML contributions" and there is no way to enter a corrected value.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Yes.  Typically, that TurboTax experience is due to entries not meeting the criteria for the worksheet according MA Form 1 instructions (extracted below).  You need to have entered more than one W2 with PMFL withholding and the total W2 income must exceed 160,200.  If there was only employer you would need to contact that employer for reimbursement.  

" W-2 filers: If you worked for two or more Massachusetts businesses that each remitted PFML contributions on your behalf during the 2023 tax year, and the total amount of your combined Massachusetts W-2 wage income exceeded $160,200, you should complete the worksheet)"

To be eligible for a credit the total PFML contribution amount remitted on your behalf must exceed $509.44. If only one employer withheld PFML contributions, and your PFML contributions exceeded the proper amount due, you must seek reimbursement from your employer. You are not eligible to claim a credit on line 49."  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
scanna283
Returning Member

fyi... Answered in the original post

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies