RonS1

2019 medical deduction threshhold

What is the medical deduction threshold for 2019?  I see either 7.5% of AGI  or 10% of AGI mentioned in different places.  The Schedule A form in Turbotax shows 7.5% but the actual Schedule A form from the IRS site shows 10%.  Which is correct?

Kat

2019 medical deduction threshhold

The medical deduction threshold of 7.5% has been extended to include 2019, as of 12/19/2019.  See the linked publication below for more info on updates.  Thanks to SuperUser @rjs for provision of the link

https://engagetax.wolterskluwer.com/Consolidated-Appropriations-Act-2020

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
rjs

2019 medical deduction threshhold

@RonS1 wrote:

The Schedule A form in Turbotax shows 7.5% but the actual Schedule A form from the IRS site shows 10%.

The IRS published Schedule A for 2019 earlier in December, before the new law was passed. They have not yet updated Schedule A to reflect the retroactive change in the new law.

Nick1933

2019 medical deduction threshhold

In a prior conversation with tax adviser, Rob I mentioned to him that Turbo Tax's instructions relative to a deduction for real estate taxes refers the user to 2018 Schedule A but its references to items 5a and 5b seem to  incorrectly refer to the wrong statement. He asked me to send my comment to you.

Nick1933

2019 medical deduction threshhold

Looking for a response to to subject message. Was I wrong?

Nick 1933

BillM223

2019 medical deduction threshhold

Could you restate the question for us, please? We are not privy to whatever you and Rob may have talked about.