1099misc nonemployee compensation hsa contribution

I am a UMC pastor and my church issued my W-2 but my denomination funded a portion of my HSA. My denomination issued me a 1099-Misc with non-employee compensation for the amount they contributed to my HSA. This is having a negative effect on my taxes. Is that correct? My W-2 has nothing listed for HSA contributions

I'm not certain that you should have received a 1099-MISC for contributions to an HSA. You should contact the church to correct the Form W-2. HSA contributions are reported in Box 12 with a code W on the W-2 form.

If you cannot get the church to correct the W-2, then you can enter the contribution in the HSA section page, Did your employer tell you about any other contributions?

See attachment.

Go ahead and show the 1099-Misc amount as “other income from box 3 of1099-Misc” on line 21 of form 1040. Then take an HSA deduction, for the same amount,  on line 25 of form 1040.