Skip to main content
Level 2
March 7, 2024
Question

1095A -

  • March 7, 2024
  • 4 replies
  • 42 views

 I received a 1095A for a partial year, as I became eligible for Medicare mid-year. TT is having an absolute fit that amounts are not entered into all the boxes and it won't allow zeros or blanks. What can I do?

4 replies

Alumni - Intuit
March 7, 2024

You must have Column B information entered for the required Form 8962 to generate.  Click on "click here" if Column B on your 1095-A reflects $0 on the Let's get the info from your 1095-A form page.  A pop-up window will provide further instructions.  See image below.

 

You can use the "Healthcare.gov/tax-tool"  or call your marketplace insurer to get the data for Column B that you need. Column C will accept zeros but not blanks.

 

 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 2
March 7, 2024

If I enter an amount in Column B, it still wants amounts in Columns A and C. Plus, TT is telling me my refund from the gov is now almost 3 times what it was before filling in Column B. 

Medicare kicked in on July 1, 2023 so I no longer used the health care exchange. That's why there is no additional information after June. Why doesn't TT allow for that scenario? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Alumni - Intuit
March 7, 2024

Remove the numbers from Column B for the months after July. Leave it blank, do not enter 0. You should only have a number in column B if you have a number in Column C.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 2
March 8, 2024

Thanks - apparently you also need a number in Column A if there's a number in Column C and/or B.