Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

10200 unemployment updates

Any updates on 10200 unemployment exclusion? According to the news, it was supposed to be done by 12 pm on 3/19.  Will any additional forms be added? I was able to enter this amount on Sch 1 line 8 but I did not see any income limitation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Thank you for the reply but it was not what I asked for.  I was wondering if TurboTax software has been updated in order to enter and deduct 10200 from income.  Is there an additional form associated with this waiver in the drop down?

ee-ea
Level 15

Once the IRS say what to do about the UE law change  TurboTax will make its changes.

As I read in the news, Turbo Tax was supposed to make this change today at 12 pm.

On 3/28/21 I happened to re-open TT and found it had updated the prgram to automatically include the $10,200 Exclusion. For me the reduction in taxes due was significant. I still had to file by paper because as some have indicated, since my 2019 AGI did not match IRS records I could NOT file electronically.  As I later found out, due to the pandemic the IRS had not processed by 2019 return until November 2020 even though I electronically filed in March of 2020. 

@sleong58   Do you have a question?  If you filed without the exclusion the IRS will adjust your return.  You do not need to amend.

Its too late now but did you try entering 0 for the AGI to efile Sind the IRS didn't process 2019 on time?

Hi VolvoGirl,

Thanks for your response.

No, I did not have a question I was simply posting a comment that TT had updated its program to include the $10,200 exclusion.

As for my rejected efile, I did not try entering 0 for my 2019 AGI. Since I tried the suggestions the TT program made to try and rectify the rejected return I simply opted to file by paper. Since I had a payment due for the Federal I hope when they adjust my return I will be refunded the overpayment made. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies