jiforbes

1. What is one half of the self employment tax related to the -2,304 listed above?

I've completed my federal taxes and am not required to pay self-employment tax because I operated at a loss. Upon opening my SC return the first question I'm asked is:

1. What is one of the self-employment tax related to the -$2,304 listed above?

2. What is one half of the self-employment tax on partnership income related to South Carolina (do ot include any of the amount from question 1).

I cannot figure out where or how to come up with this number?! And I can't go any further in my state return as a result.

DianeW

Half of the self employment tax on that business income would be zero. Completely clear the field by using the delete key on your keyboard, if that doesn't allow you to move forward try putting one dollar (1) to see if that makes a difference. I hope this helps.

DianeW