Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dapan

Am I considered a Yonkers resident if I live in Syracuse NY? I lived in NY till May and moved to DC what is my residency status? The options are NonResident and Part-time

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Am I considered a Yonkers resident if I live in Syracuse NY? I lived in NY till May and moved to DC what is my residency status? The options are NonResident and Part-time

Yonkers is a city on Long Island.  If you didn't live in Yonkers, you aren't a resident.

You would be considered a part-year resident of NY and a part-year resident of DC.  You will pay NY tax on the part of your income earned while living in NY, and you will pay DC income tax on the part of your income earned while living in DC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yonkers is a city on Long Island.  If you didn't live in Yonkers, you aren't a resident.

You would be considered a part-year resident of NY and a part-year resident of DC.  You will pay NY tax on the part of your income earned while living in NY, and you will pay DC income tax on the part of your income earned while living in DC.

Yonkers is nowhere near long Island Yonkers is in Westchester County it is a city that boarders the Bronx also Syracuse is even farther from Yonkers so no you are not a resident of Yonkers 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies