turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a NE resident that worked in AZ over the summer and on my W-2 for that company in AZ I have an amount in box 16 for NE but why there is an amount there?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EricZ

I am a NE resident that worked in AZ over the summer and on my W-2 for that company in AZ I have an amount in box 16 for NE but why there is an amount there?

You will claim a credit for income taxes paid to Arizona on your Nebraska income tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EricZ

Did you work in NE during the year?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did, I haven't received the W-2 from that company yet. So I am unsure why the company I worked for over the summer has an amount here, since my time with that company was spent solely in Arizona.
EricZ

What words indicate that the amount in box 16 is specifically for NE?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Box 15 for state says NE and its on a separate section of the W-2 that says NE State Filing Copy. For the AZ State Filing Copy box 16 shows the same amount in box 1 with AZ in box 15.
EricZ

You will claim a credit for income taxes paid to Arizona on your Nebraska income tax return.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies