Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wisconsin Coronavirus 401k Withdrawal Penalty

Does anyone know when the TurboTax software will be updated to correct the 1099-r entry and withdrawal penalty related to coronavirus withdrawals on Wisconsin form 1?  It seems like the federal calculated penalty on line b should just be excluded from the form on line c and zero entered into line 22 since Wisconsin approved waiving the 10% early withdrawal penalty by adopting section 2202 of the CARES act in Wisconsin Act 185. However, the system isn't allowing the form to be filed and indicates TurboTax is updating around this entry.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
britmarie93
Returning Member

I am wondering the same thing, so I am replying so I get notified if someone answers this.

so frustrating! spent so much time waiting for the 8915-E form for federal and now WI state won't work. 

Same here, replying to see if there is a response.

ble11
Returning Member

I tried again today and still receiving error that doesn't allow filing.  Turbotax team...do you have an update yet?

Has anyone found the trick to get past this error?  Can't even freeform a $0 penalty in order to file.  Frustrating.

I found another thread with the same issue. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/i-can-t-file-my-[product key removed]n-for-w... 

It appears from another customer's conversation with the support team the system should be corrected 3/15/2021.

Any update when Wisconsin will be updated?  I can't file because of no penalty on early 401k withdrawal.

Thanks.

This is ridiculous.  No one from Turbotax responds.  Deadline for taxes is April 15 and can't file because software is not updated.  I paid for this program and it doesn't work. 

Yeah so it's March 16th and still no update for the Wisconsin issue... thanks for communicating so well TurboTax, should we all end up needing extensions because you don't feel like updating your software I'm sure you'll make us all whole right?

The system has been updated and I was able to e-file without issue this morning. For those following I'd encourage you to try today to see if you are now able to complete and file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies