Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sonia

Will Massachusetts state taxes be withdrawn from my bank account autmomatically or do I need to make a payment to MA DoR

Hi, I filed my Federal and Massachusetts State Taxes with turbo tax, and both returns have been accepted. My taxes are not withheld, so I owe money to the IRS and state.  Soon after filing, the money I owed the IRS was withdrawn from my bank account.  The money owed to Massachusetts  has not been, and it has been over a month that my returns were filed.  Will the payment withdrawal occur automatically, or do I need to make a payment directly to the MA Department of Revenue website.  Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Will Massachusetts state taxes be withdrawn from my bank account autmomatically or do I need to make a payment to MA DoR

**** Make sure you set up the payment correctly ****

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  

If you owed tax, they will show the payment information and how you decided to pay.  

If you  owed  the state  ... read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900884-what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-for-pay...

Hello,

Same thing here...the state of Mass hasn't yet deducted what i owe them yet from my bank account. Could you please update or give me a link where i can find out. Thank you

no cover sheet with turbotax logo on both returns...

no cover sheet with turbotax logo on both returns...

Same here, my Massachusetts taxes have not been Withdrawn from my account even though the return was excepted over a month ago. Any suggestions on what to do?

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

If you chose to make your MA state tax payment by direct bank debit, then don't do anything - they will eventually process your payment.

The IRS and the states cannot debit your bank account any earlier than you authorized when filing, but they can wait as long as they want after that date.

Presently, the IRS and the states are way behind in processing returns and issuing refunds because of ongoing changes in the tax code. It is reasonable to believe the same delays are occurring in payment processing. 

Mack106
Returning Member

I am running into the Same thing.  I efiled my Federal and State. They got accepted 2/11, Federal withdrawn out of my bank account on 2/14 but massacusetts state has not yet.  It has been a month.  I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing by waiting or If I need to file On Mass Rev site.  Thanks

HopeS
Expert Alumni

Please review the state payment instruction to make sure it was set up correctly. The State cannot deduct payment earlier than stated on the return, so reconfirm the date and other pertinent information.

You can also contact the State directly to discuss payment issues.

See the link below:

Mass.gov

@Mack106 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mack106
Returning Member

Thanks for getting back so quick @HopeS .  On my return it says on line 54. Tax due. Pay online at www.mass.gov/dor/payonline. Mail to: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7003, Boston, MA 02204

So looks like I have to go and pay online.  

Thanks you!

I just do not want to double pay.  

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Check with MassTaxConnect before making a payment.

You probably did not set up direct debit through TurboTax if it has been a month, but it’s possible there’s some delay, in which case you may end up paying twice. It's best to verify that you have no pending payments.

See the Payment management section in Making payments in MassTaxConnect.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies