Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

why do I have to pay $45 for state when I purchased deluxe with Fed & state

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
jdave5917

Same question here.  I thought that one state is included with Turbo Tax Deluxe and there is no filing fee if you choose to file a paper return for state.  I suspect there is a way to get that done but Turbo Tax is trying very hard to prevent us from doing that even though it's what we already paid for.

You must have clicked on an option to have the TurboTax fees for the state e-file charge paid from your federal tax refund or the optional Premium Bundle ($45) for California residents.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-the-premium-services-bundle/01/255...

Go back to the start of the File section and go through the various screens, there should be a screen that askes if you want to continue with the pay with refund option or a screen showing the fee and the word Remove.

jmat58

It looks like they chargede.foe Florida and SC tax filings when I only have to file for SC Florida is a no state tax and I filed paper as well last year

So how do I get my refund. I had to print it out this year forgetting my taxes this year.

And fyi I never had.to.pay for filing electronic in the past so someone's.statemr.on.getromf.chaeges doe electronic filing.i believe was wrong.

@jmat58   You are using the Desktop program?  Yes there is a $25 ($20 before March 1) fee to efile the state return including the first one, or you can print and mail state for free.  Then if you want the fee deducted from a federal refund there is an EXTRA $40 (45 in California) Refund Processing Service charge.  So pay upfront with a credit card to avoid the extra charge.    You have to watch what you click on, on this screen.....

ZPay with Refund TTD.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies