turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dev111

While choosing to download the First State, Turbotax Home & Business 2023 prompts to pay

I purchased Turbotax Home & Business 2023. I completed preparing federal return. When I click Online ==> Download State, it asks me to pay $45. Turbotax Home & Business is advertised to include one free state return. How do I get the first state download without additional payment? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

While choosing to download the First State, Turbotax Home & Business 2023 prompts to pay

Your first state is free. Make sure you did not inadvertently select your first state previously.

Untitled.png

Dev111

I haven't downloaded any state. 

It doesn't show the first state being free. In the prior years, I was getting the first state free download. 

Due to some TurboTax software deficiency, it's not allowing me to download the first state for free. I need a solution for that. While I appreciate your taking time to take screenshot and share via response, it really doesn't help as it's not that straightforward. Otherwise, I wouldn't even post the query. 

Thanks.

Did you first try updating the program?  Go to Online - Check for Updates.  Then close Turbo Tax and reopen it or even reboot your computer.  Then try downloading the state again.  Maybe it already gave you a different state for the free one.  Is there any other states listed on the state tab?

Dev111

Thanks. It shows that the state of California is downloaded as well as updated. I need California. However, when I go to the tab to move to the state return, it takes me to the intuit website and requires me to pay. 

There is no other state downloaded. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies