Where does a Massachusetts Self Filer sign the State Return? There's only an area for "Paid Preparer" on Form 1, nothing for "Self Prepared" or "Sign Here".

bh4422

I just finished my taxes using Turbotax Premier 2017. I've used TurboTax for about 20 years without problem. I live in Massachusetts. I printed out my state return, reviewed it, all OK, went to sign, and there is no area designated for a "Self Preparer" to sign. On "2017 Form 1, pg 4", which is where it should be, there is an area for a "Paid Preparer" signature and information, but nothing for a "Self Preparer" or "Sign Here".  Oversight?  Any required protocol besides just signing anywhere at the bottom of that page along with my ssn, date and spouses information? Thanks.

Anita01

It appears the signature line is on page 1 below line 9

Anita01

bh4422

Thanks Anita, you helped inadvertently. The 2016 form you referenced does not apply any more, but when looking at your direction, I found "Sign Here" under question 2g, it's an unusual change. My bad, sorry.  Problem solved, Thank you.
Anita01

Your welcome, sorry I didn't notice that was a 2016 form.
Susan80

Thank you so much. I must be too tired now that I'm finally finished. I read through Form 1 three times and didn't see where it said, "SIGN HERE." (I also didn't notice that it's not below line 9, but 2g, "on page 1 below" was enough.) 🙂