LindaCBast

Where do I enter the differences between a federal Schedule K-1 and a Massachusetts Schedule 2K-1 for a Massachusetts estate?

There are differences for line 5 Mass bank interest, line 8 interest and dividend income and line 12 long-term capital gains.
gloriah5200

There is not an actual entry screen for the MA K-1, but you will be asked to list any differences between the amounts on the federal and MA forms.  

Compare the federal and state K-1s.  If they are not the same, then you have to enter the difference as adjustments to Federal Income in the state section of the program.

• If the amount on the state K-1 is higher than the federal K-1, enter an addition to federal income on your MA return.
  • If the amount on the state K-1 is lower than the federal K-1, enter an subtraction to federal income on your MA return.
  1. In the Massachusetts return, you will come to the Partnerships and S Corps screen.  The K-1 should be listed.  Click Edit.
  2. You will be given the option to exclude the K-1 from the MA return entirely.  Answer No.
  3. Note any differences on the next screen, MA Differences - Partnership [or S Corps].

Please refer to the following link for additional information:

Entering MA 2K-1

LindaCBast

I actually can't find the Partnerships and S Corps screen in the Massachusetts program, so I can't figure out where to enter the different amounts.

LindaCBast

I actually can't find the Partnerships and S Corps screen in the Massachusetts program, so I can't figure out where to enter the different amounts. I've gone through the whole state program multiple times and the only thing I can find that resembles a section like that is related to Schedule E, but the instructions from the state say that the Schedule E is for "non-Massachusettes estates" and mine is from Massachusetts.