There is not an actual entry screen for the MA K-1, but you will be asked to list any differences between the amounts on the federal and MA forms.
Compare the federal and state K-1s. If they are not the same, then you have to enter the difference as adjustments to Federal Income in the state section of the program.
- If the amount on the state K-1 is higher than the federal K-1, enter an addition to federal income on your MA return.
- If the amount on the state K-1 is lower than the federal K-1, enter an subtraction to federal income on your MA return.
- In the Massachusetts return, you will come to the Partnerships and S Corps screen. The K-1 should be listed. Click Edit.
- You will be given the option to exclude the K-1 from the MA return entirely. Answer No.
- Note any differences on the next screen, MA Differences - Partnership [or S Corps].
Please refer to the following link for additional information:
I actually can't find the Partnerships and S Corps screen in the Massachusetts program, so I can't figure out where to enter the different amounts. I've gone through the whole state program multiple times and the only thing I can find that resembles a section like that is related to Schedule E, but the instructions from the state say that the Schedule E is for "non-Massachusettes estates" and mine is from Massachusetts.