turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave85

I have a Massachusetts Schedule 2K-1 (it's the state portion of the K-1) and I don't know where to input it. Any ideas? It was generated by TurboTax Business.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I have a Massachusetts Schedule 2K-1 (it's the state portion of the K-1) and I don't know where to input it. Any ideas? It was generated by TurboTax Business.

There is not an actual entry screen for the MA K-1, but you will be asked to list any differences between the amounts on the federal and MA forms.  

Compare the federal and state K-1s.  If they are not the same, then you have to enter the difference as adjustments to Federal Income in the state section of the program.

• If the amount on the state K-1 is higher than the federal K-1, enter an addition to federal income on your MA return.
  • If the amount on the state K-1 is lower than the federal K-1, enter an subtraction to federal income on your MA return.
  1. In the Massachusetts return, you will come to the Partnerships and S Corps screen.  The K-1 should be listed.  Click Edit.
  2. You will be given the option to exclude the K-1 from the MA return entirely.  Answer No.
  3. Note any differences on the next screen, MA Differences - Partnership [or S Corps].
dave85

Actually, I think that I may have found a bug in the system.  Even though I tell TurboTax that money was distributed, it does not flow through to the State Income tax form MA Schedule IDD.  This cause me to have to pay state income tax at the trust level and then again at the Beneficiary level.

rthomps7

They had this same bug last year. I posted on here and got no responses. I also paid for the upgraded thing to meet with a CPA and he told me that the online software isn't very good and I should just fill it out myself.

Hoped it would be fixed this year. Guess not.

My federal K-1 does not show-up in the MA Partnership section as you describe in order to be able to edit it for the state adjustments.  Do you know why and how I would be able to have it show up?

I was now able to see the K-1 where I was able to identify the MA differences.  Just don't know what Turbo Tax did with the information.

dave85

Same thing is happening for the 2020 taxes.  The numbers are not flowing through to the state tax return.  I got TurboTax to fix the bug last year, but the fact that it is happening again is very distressing.  

Anyone from TurboTax know when this might be fixed.

dave85

Actually, I think that I may have found a bug in the system.  Even though I tell TurboTax that money was distributed, it does not flow through to the State Income tax form MA Schedule IDD.  This cause me to have to pay state income tax at the trust level and then again at the Beneficiary level.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies