Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ladnerb

I am a travel nurse. My state of primary residence is Maine. I also lived and worked in FL, MA and AZ this past year. Which do I use in my personal info?

It asks me where I lived in December 2016...but that answer is not the state of my primary residence.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I am a travel nurse. My state of primary residence is Maine. I also lived and worked in FL, MA and AZ this past year. Which do I use in my personal info?

When asked where you lived in 2016, answer only ME. When asked where you worked also list the other states.

You must report all your income on your ME return. ME will calculate state income tax on all your income, but give you a credit, or partial credit,  for any tax you pay to other states. On the other state returns, you will only be taxed on the income you earned there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

When asked where you lived in 2016, answer only ME. When asked where you worked also list the other states.

You must report all your income on your ME return. ME will calculate state income tax on all your income, but give you a credit, or partial credit,  for any tax you pay to other states. On the other state returns, you will only be taxed on the income you earned there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies