Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bensac23

What is tax filing requirement for ME state? If i worked only for 3 months there and remaining months in CA with another employer, how am i supposed to file state tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is tax filing requirement for ME state? If i worked only for 3 months there and remaining months in CA with another employer, how am i supposed to file state tax?

2 Replies

If you moved from Maine to California (or vice versa), you will file a part year Maine and a part year California resident tax return, and pay the state tax for the income while you were a resident.

If you moved in or out of Maine during the tax year, you will generally have to file an income tax return with Maine. Anyone who is a resident of Maine for any part of the tax year, and has taxable Maine-source income, must file a Maine return. Anyone who is not a resident of Maine, but performs personal services in Maine for more than 12 days and earns more than $3,000 of income from all Maine sources, must file a Maine return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies