turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajmcdade

What do I include with Georgia Form 500? Turbotax printed a 1040 and a Maryland 505 form. The instructions just say "include W2, 1099" nothing about all of these forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

What do I include with Georgia Form 500? Turbotax printed a 1040 and a Maryland 505 form. The instructions just say "include W2, 1099" nothing about all of these forms?

Supporting documents detailed in Georgia instructions:

If you are claiming a credit on the Georgia return for the taxes you paid in MD, then attach the MD tax return.

The amount on Form 500, Line 8 is $40,000 or more, or less than the total income on your W-2(s) - submit a copy of Pages1 and 2 of your Federal return. 

If you itemized deductions on your federal Schedule A, then also include federal Sch A.

And include your W2s and 1099s

You claim the Georgia child and dependent care expense credit - submit the appropriate Federal child care credit schedule. 

Do and Don'ts For Filing Paper Returns
Do's  

Do include your W-2(s), 1099(s), GR-2P(s) and other supporting income statements  

Do complete the Income Statement Details section for Georgia tax withheld ? Electronic Filing:  Do send your 525-TV payment voucher to the address on the voucher when you file electronically and want to pay with a check or money order ? Paper Filing: 

Do send your return, check/money order, and 525-TV voucher to the address on the return  

Do use GTC or the Form IT-560 to make an extension payment

Do make your check or money order payable to the Georgia Department of Revenue

Don'ts

Do not include cents on your return

Do not staple your W-2(s), 1099(s) and/other forms to your return 

Do not use the Form 500 to correct a previously filed return - Use Form 500X 

Note:  Sending your return by certified mail delays the processing of your return and your refund

filing by mail ga500 - paid nothing - no refund - do I have to include all 1099- int  etc

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Yes.  

You do need to include the following documents as listed in the attached excerpt from the instructions from GA.

Attachments to GA tax return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies