turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DMM4
Returning Member

What date should be entered on Form MO-1040: 'Date Fed Amend Rtn Filed', when IRS is recalculating taxes on unemployment benefits and refunding amounts automatically?

IR-2021-71, March 31, 2021

WASHINGTON — To help taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service announced today that it will take steps to automatically refund money this spring and summer to people who filed their tax return reporting unemployment compensation before the recent changes made by the American Rescue Plan.

When amending my Missouri tax return, due to the new exclusion of up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation on my federal return, TT Review gives me an error because I have not provided 'date federal amended return filed'.   What should I do?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

What date should be entered on Form MO-1040: 'Date Fed Amend Rtn Filed', when IRS is recalculating taxes on unemployment benefits and refunding amounts automatically?

Wait until your federal return is corrected before filing an amended Missouri income tax return. You must attach a copy of your amended federal return or a copy of your revenue agent's report to your amended state return.

The IRS notice for unemployment will have a date.

When your federal taxable income or federal tax liability is changed as a result of an audit or notification by the Internal Revenue Service, or if you file an amended federal income tax return, you must report such change by filing an amended Missouri income tax return with the Department of Revenue
within 90 days of the change.

Related Resource:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DMM4
Returning Member

Thank you for such a thorough answer!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies