If you just made one estimated payment, then was it paid to the IRS or the state taxing authority? All estimated taxes paid during 2018 whether for the federal or state return are listed on the federal return. When you enter the state estimated tax payment, then it is transferred from the federal return to the state return.
Follow the directions below if you need to enter or re-enter your state estimated tax payments.
- Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
- Click Tax Tools from the left side of the screen.
- Select Tools from the drop-down menu.
- Select Topic Search, type State Estimated Payments and click Go.
- On the next screen, click Start beside State estimated taxes for 2018.