Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Virginia form 502A

I had the same issue (i.e., error check spots an issue in Step-By-Step View with 502A but that form is not listed in Forms view) and just figured out what you need to do.  Go to Forms view.  WHILE IN FORMS VIEW click the exclamation point/word "errors" in the top of the left bar.  That will run an error check from within Forms view.  A box pops up at the bottom right saying you have an error with Form 502A; click the "Delete Form" button at the bottom to delete form 502A once and for all.  Then go back to Step-By-Step and file the state return electronically.

Virginia form 502A

Thanks to jreinick and others in this thread for developing the work-around to the 502A bug.  garyehrlich's post above best describes the steps I took to resolve the issue.  TT should fix this in the software and give you all a refund for doing their work!!!

Virginia form 502A

"@jreinick"

I'm so glad I searched this issue online and found this post. I tried your remedy. I looked in my forms, and the 502A was not in there so I wasn't sure this solution would work for me. But it was apparent that Turbo Business must have thought the forms was in my return. So I went to "open form" button upper left of screen, and opened that form 502A. Then at bottom of the form, it had an option to delete it and I deleted it. This time when I ran through the e-file process, it went through.

Again, it may not show up in your forms window as being in your return, but Turbo Tax apparently assumes everyone has this form in their return!

Seems there's always some annoying issue with Turbo tax.  But thanks for that post!

blawassoc
Returning Member

Virginia form 502A

It will not let me delete it and will not let me file the return.

Virginia form 502A

Did you click open form at top left of your screen, then click the Errors button?

After that, if I remember correctly, the form (502A) will have an option at bottom, to close, print, delete.

itivino

Virginia form 502A

I also did not have 502a in my list of Forms when I clicked the Forms icon in the top right.

Instead I had to, while reviewing after not being able to submit, was on the step when it highlighted in red the 502a section A boxes, was to THEN go into forms (from the top right Forms icon) and 502a automatically popped up, and I hit Delete Form at the bottom, and was able to continue on to submit.

Virginia form 502A

Thank you!!! Your solution worked for me as well.

Virginia form 502A

Same issue - so frustrating that I spent over an hour trying everything to fix it before I found this thread.  I deleted the form as suggested and it worked!  Thank you for posting this solution!!!!

AmberLove
Returning Member

Virginia form 502A

When I went in to help a Customer. Form 502A was not listed in his forms but we was able to search the form in FORMS and it pulled up. We then deleted it but it showed it still coming up in error. We went back in and deleted it again and it actually deleted that time. All errors fixed! So, sometimes it may not show in your list of forms and worksheets but still show up in review for errors.

wgo

Virginia form 502A

Deleting 502A worked for me.  Wasted a lot of time figuring this out.  Looks like the problem has been know for some time.  Disappointed that TT hadn't figured it out and updated.

Virginia form 502A

HEY EVERYBODY!  DELETE YOUR FORM 502A in order to clear the error with the business name and the Apportionment Allocation entries and the enable eFiling to the State of Virginia Dept of Taxation. 

wwbar

Virginia form 502A

Gary's suggestion ultimately helped me.  Simply deleting the form from form view wasn't enough for me, as others had success with it.  Like Gary mentioned, I hit the red Errors icon at the top of the forms view (next to the Open Form icon), was then prompted at the bottom of the screen that form 502A had issues and that I could delete the form (using the Delete Form button at the BOTTOM of the page), even though the form wasn't actually listed in the left section Forms in My Return.

Thanks for all the help!

Virginia form 502A

Thanks to all the Turbotax gurus.  Deleting the form worked.  In my case,  since I couldn't see the form on the list, I had to delete it by bringing up the form and then pressing the delete button.  Worked like a charm and I was able to file my taxes.  Thanks again!

Virginia form 502A

Thanks so much for posting this.   It saved me a useless call to TT.  

phurtsto

Virginia form 502A

Thanks to all that found a solution to the VA Form 502A. I spent so much wasted time trying to correct something I couldn't fix. I have not had a problem with TT in the past and I'm so frustrated with them bc obviously this has been an issue since Feb.  But thanks to you guys, I was able to delete the form and filed successfully! FINALLY!!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies