Countingcat

Virginia form 502A

Turbo Tax Business insists I make a selection for section A of 502A for my VA state return. I have no idea why. I have never had to enter information here before.  None of the choices apply but I cannot get through the review without entering something.  Section C is applicable so I cannot delete the worksheet.

jreinick

Virginia form 502A

Spent 2 HOURS on the phone to attempt to resolve this issue.  The ultimate outcome of the phone call was to receive links to new TurboTaxBus software downloads for fed and VA.  I really didn't believe a new download would accomplish anything so I did not install the "new" software (I'd already run the update feature anyway - I'm sure my install was current.)  

Ultimately, after completing the Fed and VA returns in TTBus, I opened the "Forms" view and deleted schedule 502A.  I verified that it had no impact on my primary forms being submitted for VA.  After deleteing I was able to submit electronically to VA.  Hope this helps you out, good luck.

jb_RFS

Virginia form 502A

Same issue - it keeps taking back to my company name and trying to force me to select a Section A choice.  I verified all of my information but will still not efile.

jreinick

Virginia form 502A

Same problem.  Seems to be issue with turbo tax problem.  Virginia Schedule 502A is NOT required for me, but I cannot E-file because the turbo tax app continues to require an input and none is required in my circumstances.  I am not apportioning income to another state.

jreinick

Virginia form 502A

jb_RFS

Virginia form 502A

Thank you, that worked!

I took the extra step to have it do an error check while in forms, and it came up stating that it needed a 502A and brought the form up. When I deleted it  (the second time), at the bottom it said there were no errors.

I then closed forms and went directly to filing.  It submitted.

So, obviously something wrong in the logic triggering TT to think the 502A was needed.  I did not have a situation requiring the form (simple LLC filing as S Corp for tax purposes, with an overall loss for the year, so I cannot submit the EZ online directly with the state).  We'll see if they disagree.

Thanks!

Countingcat

Virginia form 502A

I will try this as well but I know there is stuff in part C of 502A that gets transferred.  The 502A form itself does not get submitted but is just used for the calculations.  Thanks for posting. 

JBLJR

Virginia form 502A

Same problem.  Form 502A is not required, but program will not let me eFile.  Form 502A is not in the list of Forms on Forms View, so I cannot just delete the inapplicable form.  How do I get past this glitch?

domcomp

Virginia form 502A

I have the same problem as others, cannot e-file because TT says the 502 is incomplete.   While in Forms I try to delete Form 502 but it just re-appears.  I have checked for updates, none are available.  Saved the return, shut down TT and tried to delete 502 once more.  But it will not delete.  

domcomp

Virginia form 502A

went back over my steps and realized that there are two forms, a form 502 and a form 502A.  Once I deleted form 502A the e-file completed.  

Countingcat

Virginia form 502A

Thanks for doing the legwork on this.  That fixed it for me too. 

jskearney1

Virginia form 502A

Worked for me. The software was in a loop until I deleted it. I dont know how to report a bug, but deleting hte form was the way to get things filed.

ADD230

Virginia form 502A

Thank you! Deleting Form 502A worked. I have 3 Virginia LLCs to file and it was driving me crazy.

testzord

Virginia form 502A

thanks for figuring this out...forms view -- display the 502A - delete form.  save.  go back to efile. done.

It seems that turbo tax gets worse every year....we all know the tax codes are complex but these basic bugs need to be resolved.

Josielindert

Virginia form 502A

Thank you so much for this post!  I had the same issue.  I deleted the 502A in forms and it worked!

Watchword

Virginia form 502A

Thank you so much!!! Deleting 502A worked and I was able to transmit.