Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Virginia Business apportionment

Virginia apportionment for a C-Corp is calculated on Form 500A.  The apportionment percentage flows automatically to Form 500.  TurboTax calculates the percentage as 8 digits on Form 500A and only flows a 6 digit percentage over to Form 500.  This is resulting in a message that We need to check one more thing when I'm trying to file the return.  The 6 digit number is what Virginia asks for.  This is definitely a programming error and needs to be fixed before returns can be e-filed.  I tried to override the Form 500A numbers but TurboTax won't let me e-file with an override.  Grrrrr !!!  I need TurbuTax to fix the communication between Form 500A and Form 500.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue and can't e-file my return. It flowed the same way last year, but It did not cause an issue in TurboTax last year. This year TurboTax keeps displaying "Form 500, pg 2: Line 8b Form 500, Line 8b must equal Schedule 500A, Section B, line 2(f)." and would not allow us to e-file. TurboTax needs to fix it.

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax token.  The token provides a sanitized version of your return.  We will be able to see the numbers but not any personal information such as your name, SSN, or address.  

If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

In TurboTax Online, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

In TurboTax CD/Download versions, go to the black panel on your screen and select Online. 

1. Scroll down and select Send tax file to Agent. 
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click send through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

Reply to this thread with your Token number. 

We will then be able to see precisely what you are seeing, and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@KLHKona 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have spent hours on the phone with 3 different employees.  I shared my screen with all of them and they all took "shots" of what the problem is.  They all said they would "pass this up the line", yet no one had direct access to a programmer.  So far, no solution.  I then spoke with the State of Virginia since Virginia REQUIRES e-filing.  Virginia said to print the return and mail it in with the EXCEPTION form and tell them the reason I couldn't efile the corporate return.  If TurboTax doesn't fix this, then that's what I will do.  It's a TurboTax problem. 

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

I have not been able to duplicate the issue.  However, I would like to help you get this fixed.  Are you receiving an actual e-file rejection or stuck in a smart-check loop?  If you provide a token, I'll gladly review the return and provide a workaround if needed.  To provide a token, follow these steps:

In TurboTax Online, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

In TurboTax CD/Download versions, go to the black panel on your screen and select Online. 

1. Scroll down and select Send tax file to Agent. 
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click send through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

Reply to this thread with your Token number. 

We will then be able to see precisely what you are seeing, and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@KLHKona 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies