I paid taxes to the wrong state, the state i live in and the state i work in have a reciprocal agreement. why i am still paying lost taxes to the state i live in?

Under a reciprocal agreement, you only have to pay taxes to the state you live in.  If taxes were taken out for the wrong state, you must file a nonresident return with no income to get the refund.

So what do you do for the state that was supposed to get the tax money, without being late on your tax payment? I can't take that much money out of pocket to pay my home state.