Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax will not start CT Tax Return after downloading and updating it

Installed 2022 Turbo Tax on Windows 10 computer, entered Federal tax info, selected CT for state return, downloaded it, but Start keeps trying to update it, which it says is up to date, but it will not start the processing. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

A couple things to try.

1)  shut down TTX, and then Rt-Click on the TTX icon and select "Run as Administrator".  Then tr y again

Doesn't work?

2) shut down TTX, then check for any waiting Windows 10 updates.  Partially installed windows updates have been known to block proper operation of TTX.  Reboot even if there are no waiting Windows updates.  Then try again.

still won't work?

3) Download and install the Manual Update.  Once you start the manual update, wait a few minutes to make sure it's working, then go eat a meal, or watch a show on TV....it takes awhile.  Then start up TTX and run it's internal updates. (sometimes the manual update is behind a bit)....then try again.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (intuit.com)

_______
Still no go??????

Call Customer Support:

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I did all 3 of the items, but nothing worked. I called Support and they had me Uninstall the Turbo Tax program.  I downloaded it again from the site, then installed that version.  When I did that, it showed that it was re-installing state versions for 3 states that I never downloaded, as well as the one that I had downloaded.  When I opened the Turbo Tax file, it opened up at the page to start the State return and showed the other 3 states below it on the page.  No idea why those other states were there since I did not download them, but the program did go to into the State that I wanted to with no problems.

Thank you for the help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies