Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is asking to enter a school district number from a SD 100ES form. I did not receive this form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KellyG

Turbo tax is asking to enter a school district number from a SD 100ES form. I did not receive this form.

Yes, you can find your school district code number based on where you live in Ohio.

The Ohio tax return requires a school district number even when you don't live in a community that has a school district tax.

The Ohio Department of Taxation provides a lookup tool that will find your school district code by entering your nine digit zip code.

To access Ohio's lookup tool visit https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/ZipLookup/LookupByZip.aspx?taxType=taxsummary

Full-year non-resident taxpayers should use 9999 for their school district code.

Hope the above information Helps!..

• Was this helpful?
  • Helpful?
  • Yes
  • No

View solution in original post

27 Replies
KellyG

Yes, you can find your school district code number based on where you live in Ohio.

The Ohio tax return requires a school district number even when you don't live in a community that has a school district tax.

The Ohio Department of Taxation provides a lookup tool that will find your school district code by entering your nine digit zip code.

To access Ohio's lookup tool visit https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/ZipLookup/LookupByZip.aspx?taxType=taxsummary

Full-year non-resident taxpayers should use 9999 for their school district code.

Hope the above information Helps!..

• Was this helpful?
  • Helpful?
  • Yes
  • No

nalla320

I looked up my OH 4-digit school district code.  It, however, is not accepted by Turbo Tax. 

I’m having that problem this year. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Use this link to verify you school district code.  You can use just the 5 digit zip code, but the results will give you multiple possible codes.   If you enter your 5 digit zip and the +4digits, you will get an accurate school district code.  The page will show your school district code and tax rate which you can verify this information on your tax return.  If you get an error, please let us know your school district and what the error message is.   @Justin1990

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
po2jo3

My school district is not listed and the code on the state site does not work. It won’t let me file. Anybody know how to fix this?

My school district number is 7602 (Canton, Ohio) and I’m getting the same error message... it’s extremely frustrating. I’ve already looked up my code with the tool and it won’t accept it, it just keeps saying it’s a no taxable school district- which it is not taxable. Please help! 

Same issue here. My school district is 2507. Error keeps saying that it isn't a taxing district. I can't move forward with that correct code or leave it blank either.

I got it fixed! On the left side of the screen I was able to select tools and then delete the form from my state return and then it went right through! Hope this helps.

You are a lifesaver!!! Thank you so so much!! I spent HOURS wanting to smash my computer to pieces! Thank you!!!!!!

rheannond

Genius!!!!  I, too, have been screaming and yelling at my computer for a few hours!  Deleting the form got it to go right through!!!   Thanks for your discovery!

Yes, I just replied to another that was having the same issue. Glad you are no longer yelling at your computer! 

Slowkips

This worked for me! Thank you!

BrandiB53

That was extremely helpful! Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure it out for the past hour.. That worked for me though!

So maybe you can answer this, I had the same issue but as I have been getting ticked off, I am not sure what I did and now it to the point I have to print the sheet off and mail it. I tried to go back into the system but Turbo will not let me back into my state return. So do I have to mail it now? My SD is apparently not listed and I read that deleting that form will allow you to E-file which is what I want to do. Is my Turbo forms now locked out?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies