turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

During SmartCheck for the Fed taxes I'm getting "Prior year earned inc must be greater than your curr year earned inc to be used for addtl chld tax cr". How to fix that?

I don't claim additional child tax credit
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

During SmartCheck for the Fed taxes I'm getting "Prior year earned inc must be greater than your curr year earned inc to be used for addtl chld tax cr". How to fix that?

Today's update broke the software & is causing this. They're aware of and working on fixing the problem, but until they do, it is not going to work. Best suggestion is just stop trying to e-file until they get it fixed. Honestly, there is no telling what else they broke.See link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4196627

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Today's update broke the software & is causing this. They're aware of and working on fixing the problem, but until they do, it is not going to work. Best suggestion is just stop trying to e-file until they get it fixed. Honestly, there is no telling what else they broke.See link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4196627

Thanks!

No problem. It's affecting me as well. Heck of a way to run a company, no?

True
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies