turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For Form 2210 Schedule AI, TurboTax is asking for "Self-Employment Income-TP". Should I enter our total gross self-employment income in that space?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

For Form 2210 Schedule AI, TurboTax is asking for "Self-Employment Income-TP". Should I enter our total gross self-employment income in that space?

This question is asking for the Self Employment Income of the Taxpayer.  That would be the Net Self-Employment income amount from Schedule C.

Form 2210 is trying to calculate whether you owe a penalty for not withholding enough (or paying estimated taxes) on your income in 2018. 

There are exceptions to the Penalty, and TurboTax will guide you through this section. 

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300251

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

This question is asking for the Self Employment Income of the Taxpayer.  That would be the Net Self-Employment income amount from Schedule C.

Form 2210 is trying to calculate whether you owe a penalty for not withholding enough (or paying estimated taxes) on your income in 2018. 

There are exceptions to the Penalty, and TurboTax will guide you through this section. 

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300251

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you! That helps a lot.

To refine that a little, it wants the sum of the "Net Profit or (Loss)" lines of the one or more Schedule C's of the taxpayer (as opposed to any spouse).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies