Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ColoradoKate
Returning Member

There is an efile issue with Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020

Encountered a LOT of issues with Turbotax Deluxe 2020.  The absolute worst is that Turbotax did not send the states the correct forms for those states.  I efiled federal and 2 states - 8 weeks ago.  I still don't have my refunds.  I just found out that Turbotax sent the wrong information - one state received a partial return, the other only received the non essential worksheets and filing information pages.  I have used Turbotax for over 15 years and this is the first year I ever encountered any issues - and I encountered a LOT of software issues this year.  I had to manually enter / fill out most of the forms myself as Turbotax was forcing me to complete information on sections that were nonapplicable to me such as "self employment social security tax" or it insisted on forcing incorrect processing of overpayment of social security taxes by my employers.  If left up to turbotax software, I would have to ask one of my employers to refund the excess social security tax that was paid due to having more than one employer.  Federal Law clearly stipulates that this overpayment is claimed and refunded on individual's income tax.  Been this way for years.  Nothing new in the tax code pertaining to this - but Turbotax sure messed up their software this year.  I am employed by a major U.S. company and yet, Turbotax was forcing me to fill out information for "self amployment social security taxes".......even though it successfully downloaded my w-2s.  turbotax should be issuing me a refund with all the mistakes and errors in their software that I encountered this year - and now delayed refunds because Turbotax did NOT efile correctly.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
muhs

Turbo says I have 3 screens to fix but my information is correct  as I imputed the figures

muhs

I need to talk to an agent to go over the 3 screens that I cannot change

JulieS
Expert Alumni

If you want live help while you are working on your return in TurboTax online, you can click on the Live Help box in the upper right corner. You will be connected to an agent right away who can see your screen.

If you are using TurboTax Desktop software installed on your computer, you will need to call. Click here fore contact information. 

You can also describe your problem and ask for help through this forum. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies