turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csandor

How do I pay my Ohio School District tax?

I e-filed, and was expecting them to tell me to print something to send in with my check for the school district tax. (It's the only thing I owe.) Or I expected them to ask me if I wanted to pay it with a credit card or something. HOW DO I GET THEIR MONEY TO THEM? Thanks so much!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

The school district tax form, SD 100, is not prepared automatically, in TurboTax. You needed to initiate it. First check your list of state forms to see if the SD100 and SD40P (payment voucher) are there. If not, a school district return was not prepared.

If it was, usually  the School District return  is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio "filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it. Mail your payment with the SD40P.

To prepare the SD100:

At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled  "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to School District taxes. 
Or later at the screen  "Your 2014 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to School District taxes. 

View solution in original post

35 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

The school district tax form, SD 100, is not prepared automatically, in TurboTax. You needed to initiate it. First check your list of state forms to see if the SD100 and SD40P (payment voucher) are there. If not, a school district return was not prepared.

If it was, usually  the School District return  is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio "filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it. Mail your payment with the SD40P.

To prepare the SD100:

At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled  "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to School District taxes. 
Or later at the screen  "Your 2014 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to School District taxes. 

csandor

THANK YOU! Maybe they could spell that out???
ablasarah

I already submitted my return. I need to add this. In years past, it’s always been included I thought? How do I add this to my return?
Hal_Al
Level 15

The school district tax form, SD 100, is not prepared automatically, in TurboTax. You needed to initiate it. See above for how. It can no longer be e-filed, from TurboTax. You will have to print and ,mail.
You may want to try "I-filing" at the Dept. of taxation (DOT) web site, instead. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.tax.ohio.gov/File.aspx">https://www.tax.ohio.gov/File.aspx</a>
Or fill out the form by hand. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.tax.ohio.gov/Forms.aspx">https://www.tax.ohio.gov/Forms.aspx</a>
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

I am struggling to figure out if the school tax was e-filed or if I need to mail it.  I see it in my return, but I don't know how to confirm if it was e-filed.
Hal_Al
Level 15

If your Ohio state return was not e-filed, then the SD return was not e-filed. If your Ohio return was e-filed, read the Ohio 'filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

I can't find the Ohio "filing instructions" that you are referring to.
Hal_Al
Level 15

It's on your list of forms and work sheets. If you don't have it, it may be because you haven't file the Ohio return yet (which of course means you didn't file an SD return).
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

I'm sorry for all of my questions.  When you say it is with my forms and worksheets, do you mean my return?  I did file federal and state already.
Hal_Al
Level 15

Your return consists of official IRS and Ohio DOT forms. But TurboTax produces many worksheets to back up the return calculations. Click on forms, top right on your screen, while you are in the TT program
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

The top right of my screen does not have a "forms" option.  Within the filing area, I have "bookmarks," "search," "help," and "live tax advice."  On the tax home screen, I just have "search" and "help."
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

Additionally, I just logged into my school district tax site.  It shows that I owe for 2017, so would that indicate that the filing went through?
joelgibbs88
Returning Member

Just confirmed that my e-filing went through on the School District site.  Sorry for taking up so much of your time.

I am sorry for jumping here! I moved to SC so I have to fill both Ohio and South Carolina taxes. I completed the steps and TurboTax told me that I have to mail the Ohio’s taxes to get a refund from both the state and school district in Ohio . So I printed the documents and in the instruction it mentioned that I have to mail the documents to the address that is school district’s tax office not Ohio’s government. So I am confused if I have to mail a separate one to the state of Ohio. I am sorry if I am being confusing here but I appreciate your much needed help.
Manage cookies