Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The NYC Resident Portion of Wages and Tips is grayed out with an incorrect amount. How can I edit it? NY State income can be allocated correctly, but not NYC income.

I'm a part-year resident of NY State and NY City.  The NY State income can be allocated correctly by clicking on "Part-year resident other allocations" under "New York Income Allocation."  But with NY City, when I click on "Part-year city additional allocations and info" under "New York City and Yonkers Information", the number I need to edit, the "New York City Resident Portion" of "Wages and Tips" can't be edited.  Thank you for any help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The NYC Resident Portion of Wages and Tips is grayed out with an incorrect amount. How can I edit it? NY State income can be allocated correctly, but not NYC income.

I just spoke with a TurboTax support staff on the phone, and he was able to solve this problem, so I want to share the solution:  Go to Tools, and delete the form for NYC income allocation.  Then go back to the page where the NYC income allocation is entered, and the box is no longer grayed out.  Thank you!

harrisbloom
Returning Member

Hi!

I have the same problem! But I cant find "Tools" - hjere do I find it?

Thanks!

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please use this link for assistance with locating the "Tools" tab in Turbo Tax online: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/why-can-t-i-find-tools-in-my-account/00/26...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem as the OP.  I used this solution and it worked at first, allowing me to input the appropriately allocated amount:  since I lived in NYC for only half of 2019, and then moved to a home I purchased in Westchester in July, I allocated half of the total federal amount to the "NYC Resident Portion" box.

However, upon going through the review feature of TurboTax, the amount I entered gets changed back to the original number in the grayed out box, and the box is again grayed.  This amount is about 90% of my total federal amount, not 50%, as I explained above would make sense.

Why will TurboTax not allow me to allocate my wages appropriately?  What am I missing?

Thanks.

croka
Returning Member

@audiblefood wrote:

However, upon going through the review feature of TurboTax, the amount I entered gets changed back to the original number in the grayed out box, and the box is again grayed.  This amount is about 90% of my total federal amount, not 50%, as I explained above would make sense.

Same problem here, except the NYC portion defaults to 100%. How was this not fixed after having been reported so long ago?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies