Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rich A
Returning Member

'The dates appear to be reversed. Check expiration and issue dates' It won't allow me to continue.

When entering my drivers license Expiration and Issue dates for the State of Michigan, I receive the following message, 'The dates appear to be reversed. Check expiration and issue dates' It won't allow me to continue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

'The dates appear to be reversed. Check expiration and issue dates' It won't allow me to continue.

To enter your driver's license information, be sure to use the MM/DD/YYYY format. Be sure to not use any extra spaces or dashes. The issue date year should, by definition, occur before the expiration date year.

If all these things are entered correctly and you still experiencing unexpected results, close out of the program, close the browser window and re-open using Chrome on a PC.

For more information, see: How do I e-file my personal (individual) tax return?

2020 MI-1040 Instructions Booklet 

This did not work-- trying to eFile in iowa and the "order" is incorrect, this is using the windows desktop application.

If I try to reverse the date, it doesn't work either-- it won't even let me out of the box.

1/24/2023:  won't let me advance to the next page to efile

24/1/2023:  won't let me advance to the next box

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Your driver's license number is actually not required to file your federal taxes, nor is it required to file your State return in most states. If your driver's license or State issued ID is not being accepted, you can leave the driver's license/state ID information blank.

For additional information, please see the TurboTax Article below:

Why are you asking for my driver’s license or state ID?

@pinkfamily

ModdBoy

The error is not referring to the date format. You need to enter the Expiration Date (not your Birth Date) and the Issue Date. It's saying the dates appear to be reversed because the Expiration Date should be a later date than the Issue Date. If you entered your Birth Date that doesn't make sense to the form.

jcdac

Finally got this to work.  The error makes it seems the month and day are reversed, but that is not the case.  The error is because you enter the expiration date on the top section and the issue data on the bottom section, that is the reversal.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies