Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

Thanks for talking to Intuit.  I was planning to give that a try but have not yet.  I hope you will update us again when you hear back.  I'm also using Turbot Tax Home & Business 2018 but for Windows 10.  I downloaded the program as soon as they notified me it was ready to download, continue to update, but not satisfied it's working the way it should.

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

They said it will be available in my version (possibly others) on February 14th.

Thanks!  Back to waiting again...  I hope they check Mac and Windows.  Don't see why they wouldn't...

UPDATE!  I just hung up the phone with Intuit support and explained the problem with QBI, and after a wait, she was able to verify that there is an "internal problem" and they are hoping to have it fixed by this Thursday - February 7th - much sooner than the February 14th day stated above.  It's a matter of checking for updates and seeing the results.  I was invited to call back if the problem continues however.  I did tell her we are all talking on the Forum and this problem is with both Macs and Windows downloads Home & Business.  So...fingers crossed...

We could both call again and would probably get 2 more different answers. Part of the issue is the new tax code, so they are scrambling to get it all updated. They should have a little more consistent story, though. Hoping it will work out on Thursday.
lubear1

Will TT notify us my email when the new QBI update is available?
lubear1

OOPS, make that notify us BY email....sorry, just so terribly frustrated with TAXES!!

Logged in this morning and it's working as intended. I'm on the online version, so it looks like they shipped a fix for it yesterday.
lubear1

Thank you!  I will give it a try now.
lubear1

I STILL can not get past the request that I "Link to qbi worksheet".  The business income doesn't meet any of the items needed for a qbi worksheet.  It makes me frustrated that I'm going to have to file by mail after I spent money for TT so that I could efile.

I just did my update.  I'm still not seeing my QBI deduction and it's saying there are no errors on my return.  So I'll investigate more.  Maybe call the Help Desk again to ask questions over the phone.
teehoyt

I was able to file them

TurboTax really dropped the ball on this one. I've been waiting for weeks for the 20% QBI deduction to start working for s corps. Every time I call TT support, they don't have a clue what I'm asking about. Nice job TT! Way to be ahead of the curve.

My section 179 recapture ordinary income from sale of assets, line 17 of schedule K-1 from 1120s, is not showing in my QBI income in Turbotax. I had to enter this manually on the QBI worksheet on the K-1.  Is that correct? Also, the manual entry does not seem to be working properly for long term gains.
tpbyerl

Turbo tax did really drop the ball on this one.  The time I have had to spend on this is frustrating and there is no support when I spent a few hours calling.  I think this is ending my relationship with TurboTax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies