turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kenzo51

State Tax Underpayment

I received a letter from the PA dept of revenue stating that I owed a penalty of $23.73. I told them that I don't believe this to be correct because the contract portion of my income was all in the 4th quarter. I did pay the estimated tax for that quarter and actually over paid some. I was instructed to fill out form REV-1630 to show that my income was uneven and should not owe a penalty. I find the form confusing as it includes the income in the 1st quarter for which there was withholding by my employer.

I contacted tax Audit for which I had signed up for. The agent told me that the form is confusing, but that I could find it or its equivalent in Turbotax and then let the software work me through it. I have tried but cannot find it. PLEASE help!

Ken

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

State Tax Underpayment

I'm not familiar with the details of the audit support, but I would thing that is something they should do for you.

The chances of getting someone, here,  familiar with PA software are small.  If Audit support won't help you, try 

TurboTax (TT) support:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp 

In the search line enter some keywords or question without quotes. On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see CALL US.  It should show the wait times.  Week days 5 AM - 5 PM Pacific time.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies