turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Trinh9005

State Refund Processing Timeframe

Where is Oregon 

New York , I still haven’t received my state taxes 

Coolcharles1234
Returning Member

What about Ohio

I filed with turbo tax and was told I would get over 300.00 back from Indiana. They were accepted on 2/6/20. The website had said pending up until yesterday and now it says I am not due a refund.... Does anyone know what has happened? I spoke to the state about 10 days ago and was told everything was fine and looked good... I am so confused 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

They may have changed your return for some reason, or it may just be an error in the reporting system. In either case, you will receive your refund or a letter soon explaining why the return was adjusted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My employer did not withhold county taxes apparently. It cost about 600 bucks to live in my county on top of all the other random taxes. Not happy about it, so much for that “tax relief” 😂😂

I am from Maryland that’s not on there also I got $67 deposited in my account a week afteR I filled my taxes  but it was from the state but it’s was post to get 8 something an got 67 so am I suppose to just wait it out because I tried calling TurboTax an could not find a number 

Your website says 10 to 14 days for Kansas. I E-filed 6 weeks ago and still haven't received my refund!

No, no, no! I can't DO my taxes because the state forms for Ohio and Arizona won't come up on my computer. it says that I have them but I don't

What is the time frame for receiving my OHIO state TAXES?

I have not received my Rhode Island state taxes and I filed on March 28, and I am concerned. 

@sonosixx712 wrote:

I have not received my Rhode Island state taxes and I filed on March 28, and I am concerned. 

There are over 40 state tax agencies, each doing its own thing.  Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states (such as WV, WI, NC, GA, LA, AL, and others) can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.   Plus with the Coronavirus situation state tax agencies have reduced numbers of personnel.

Of course, you need to be sure it was successfully filed.

First, if you efiled, be sure your efiled state return was accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can check by looking in your Online account at the Tax Home. 

Or did you choose to file by mail instead?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose that method, you have to print, sign, date, and mail it.

The FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund and has a link for your state.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Tennessee does not have a state income tax.  I do not understand how or why I owe this.

@ unorganised wrote:

Tennessee does not have a state income tax.  I do not understand how or why I owe this.

Owe what??   We don't know what "this" means.  Are you referring to a state tax, a product fee, or what??

Tennessee has no state income tax, but it has a tax in the following situation:

Tennessee residents only file a tax return if their interest and dividend income exceeded $1,250 ($2,500 for joint filers). This is the Hall Income Tax.

Tennessee residents who aren't subject to that Hall Income Tax do not have to file a TN state return.

If you started a TN return that you don't need, you can delete it.

Information about Tennessee's Hall Income Tax:

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/revenue/documents/taxguides/indincguide.pdf

FAQ:  Which states don't have income tax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/which-states-don-t-have-income-tax/00/26063

@unorganised

See the full answer I left you above and about which TN residents need a return and which do not.

If you are not subject to the Hall Income Tax that I described and thus don't need a TN return, you can delete it.

I added this additional information about the TN Hall Income Tax to the answer above.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/revenue/documents/taxguides/indincguide.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies