ness0420

state file download

Hi there,

I purchased the following product with the conformation code of [removed].

To my understanding, state is also included in this download. It will not download or allow me to file my state return. please help

state file download

What happens when you click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen and then click on Download State?  Any message or error code?

Did you purchase the software from TurboTax?  What edition (by name) are you using?  

state file download

You should not post the License Code here.  That is private and this is a public user forum.  Edit your post and remove it.

Have you updated the program?  Are you on Windows or Mac?  For Windows go to Online->Check for Updates.

twins9311

state file download

I have now tried to e-file the NYS returns several times and have updated Turbo Tax several times and it still says that I have one error on my state.  I manually adjusted the state and it still won't let me efile this return.  I have also had this same problem with the the form IT-196 with two other taxes I have done on my computer with the same program.  I ended up mailing my state return and will need to do it for the other 2 returns.  Will this be a problem with the State since it says that I must e-file my returns.  I've tried but your program won't let me.........HELP

ZoltanB45

state file download

New York's rule is that if you use a tax software to prepare a tax return, it must be e-filed. However, they have accepted mailed in returns that are computer processed. Then again, this is very early in the tax season so your reasoning for mailing it in might not be sufficient enough for them to process. If it is because the taxpayer is impatient with NY's forms not being ready, then they may not accept it. I would wait and also look at the forms to see if the IT-196 is blank or not.