Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LLCowner

Single Member LLC California: Which forms are always required (state+federal)? Last year, TT didn't mention CA form 568 but that turned out to be a serious error.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Single Member LLC California: Which forms are always required (state+federal)? Last year, TT didn't mention CA form 568 but that turned out to be a serious error.

Is it an S Corp?
LLCowner

It's not an S Corp.  Just SMLLC (for California)

how can Turbo tax sell software to consumers that prepares  the forms for single member LLC,  but doesnt support e-file???? How isw one supposed to efile??? I'm reading theres a fine if one doesn't efile!!!

I feel the same.
dmnrocks

Agreed, this is a serious oversight in TurboTax's software for State of CA small businesses.  It cost us a lot in penalties + time to fix the issue with the state.  So we switched our approach to having a tax professional + CPA review our filings from now on to spot issues like this.  I think this approach is doubly important with newer tax code changes.

I have even looked into the possibility of e-filing form 568 alone using other software or an online service and have found nothing.

If TurboTax is not able to properly file the form, I highly recommend investigating other software for your tax preparation.  Their 'work around' of filing a waiver is nonsense.

Yep, agree, its nonsense that the solution is to file a waiver. This will be my last year using Turbo tax.

Note that you must print out the 568 and mail it in - it cannot be e-filed from TT/Calif Individual. Only the TT/Business program can e-file the 568.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies