Solved: Since South Carolina is your resident state, 100% ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work one job in two states. I file nonresident return in SC; resident return in GA. I work in GA 3 days/week; 2 days/week in SC. Can I apportion the wages betw the two?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I work one job in two states. I file nonresident return in SC; resident return in GA. I work in GA 3 days/week; 2 days/week in SC. Can I apportion the wages betw the two?

Since South Carolina is your resident state, 100% of your income is taxable by South Carolina.  For Georgia, you should allocate 60% of you income to Georgia in the non-resident state tax return.  You won't be double taxed, as South Carolina will give you a credit for the tax you pay to Georgia.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Since South Carolina is your resident state, 100% of your income is taxable by South Carolina.  For Georgia, you should allocate 60% of you income to Georgia in the non-resident state tax return.  You won't be double taxed, as South Carolina will give you a credit for the tax you pay to Georgia.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings