turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I work one job in two states. I file nonresident return in SC; resident return in GA. I work in GA 3 days/week; 2 days/week in SC. Can I apportion the wages betw the two?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I work one job in two states. I file nonresident return in SC; resident return in GA. I work in GA 3 days/week; 2 days/week in SC. Can I apportion the wages betw the two?

Since South Carolina is your resident state, 100% of your income is taxable by South Carolina.  For Georgia, you should allocate 60% of you income to Georgia in the non-resident state tax return.  You won't be double taxed, as South Carolina will give you a credit for the tax you pay to Georgia.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Since South Carolina is your resident state, 100% of your income is taxable by South Carolina.  For Georgia, you should allocate 60% of you income to Georgia in the non-resident state tax return.  You won't be double taxed, as South Carolina will give you a credit for the tax you pay to Georgia.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies