Castanedaandrew31

Rejected state fix

My state and federal were rejected , I fixed federal but forgot to fix state and resubmitted them. Federal was accepted,state pending because I forgot to fix.how can I fix it.

CatinaT1

Rejected state fix

You will need to wait for it to reject and then you will be able to fix it.

dongleval7

Rejected state fix

how can i fix state

CatinaT1

Rejected state fix

Here's how you can fix it:

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Note: Not all rejections will have explicit guides to fix the information. You’ll need to navigate to the program area to address the cause of the rejection.

Time-saving Tip: If what you originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, a dependent that's already been claimed, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return. This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

Additional reject instruction here.