Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will not allow me to pay for Plus because their is no US state connected to my debit card issued from the states. I live outside of the states.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Will not allow me to pay for Plus because their is no US state connected to my debit card issued from the states. I live outside of the states.

Like many stateside merchants, we require a U.S. billing address to pay for TurboTax if using a credit or debit card.

If deducting fees from your refund with the optional Refund Processing Service, you'll need a U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO address.

IRS regulations require a U.S. bank account to receive your tax refund, and you'll need a U.S. bank account (or credit/debit card with a U.S. billing address) if paying additional federal taxes owed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Like many stateside merchants, we require a U.S. billing address to pay for TurboTax if using a credit or debit card.

If deducting fees from your refund with the optional Refund Processing Service, you'll need a U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO address.

IRS regulations require a U.S. bank account to receive your tax refund, and you'll need a U.S. bank account (or credit/debit card with a U.S. billing address) if paying additional federal taxes owed.

As I am not getting a refund, not sure how this is applying.

Will go somewhere else

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you not yet paid for services and have not submitted your return, you are free to go elsewhere to file. As long as you meet the requirements, you can also clear your return and start over by clicking here and following the directions. 

meguronic

My debit card is issued from navy federal credit union card company is in Merrifield Virginia, but it is not accepted when I use their address???? I live out side the U.S so I cannot use my actual home address, the same with my credit card. they handle all the military...

@meguronic wrote:

My debit card is issued from navy federal credit union card company is in Merrifield Virginia, but it is not accepted when I use their address???? I live out side the U.S so I cannot use my actual home address, the same with my credit card. they handle all the military...

The billing address on the US credit card must have a US billing address.

If the Mailing Address for your tax return is Not the same as the billing address of the credit card, go back to My Info and change your mailing address to the billing address.  Then return to the File section of the program and complete the entry for your credit card.  Once the payment has been accepted go back to My Info and change the Mailing Address back to the original address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies