Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending? (updated 3-16-21)

I’ve tried reaching out to turbo tax and they keep saying the same thing that IRS has not accepted the return how did you fix your issue ? 

John AZ
Returning Member

My Federal and State taxes were e-filed and transmitted on 2-4-21 and my AZ State tax filing is still pending. I have already received my Federal Refund. What's going on with Turbotax??? I have received no notices from Intuit.

Filed my return on 2/17/2021 and it is still showing as pending on 2/22/2021. I'm not sure what is going on with my return as it has always been accepted either the same day or the day after I file. Any answers? I did not receive any other email from Turbo Tax besides the original email stating that they would send me another email to state that I was accepted. 

I’ve called turbo 8 times already, today I was on the phone for at least an hour. 4 people looking at my return trying to figure out what’s going on and fed and state have no record of my return. They couldn’t figure it out but will give me an update within 48 hours. Filed 1/29 still pending today 2/22

I e filed my return on 2-5-2021 and it is still pending in 2-22-2021. I have never recieved a email or anything stating I need to do anything and the IRS has no record of my return

clock655

I filed my Alabama state income tax on 1/28/21 and it is still Pending within TurboTax.  I have not received any email or other notifications indicating that there is a problem.  Per the AL Department of Revenue, they began accepting tax returns on 2/12/21. I'm beginning to think that I'll need to print my return and send in a hardcopy since I have no confirmation of Acceptance in the 10 days of AL tax filing season.

Dylan9492

I tried to file but your saying I can’t?? Why

Amykc

Iowa here, filed on Jan 29, 2020. Still pending. Fed was transmitted on Feb. 15 and State transmitted an Jan 29 both still pending! Why?!?! 

ML1126

Filed on 2-12-21......all returns (Federal and 2 States) still pending 10 days later.  There are no messages on TurboTax to alert me to an issue when I log in nor can I amend the return because it states that the return has already been submitted.  Stuck in a bit of waiting game for the return to be rejected so that I can refile.  First time I’ve had an issue in the 9 years that I have been using this program.

I did receive an email from Turtotax stating my Calif return had been rejected (actual meaning, Turbotax rejected it, NOT the state).  When I opened my Turbotax program (my CD version), I updated the program and then I got the Turbotax instructions to go through my Federal return (deductions and credits) even though I didn't have any changes and even though my Federal was already efiled to IRS and I already received my refund.  I went through the Federal sections anyway.  Once done, I went to the State.  Now Turbutax had me go through a couple of sections to identify myself (which I had already done, but I did it again).  Once I finished this section, Turbotax said "Let's Review for Accuracy" and it went through and checked everything and all was fine.  It then said, "Let's e-file your State Return".  So with a prayer, I hit "Continue" and lo and behold my State return was successfully efiled, then about 20 minutes later I got an email and text stating California had ACCEPTED, praise God !  So I thanked the Lord all was done for this year.  SO TRY THIS TO SEE IF IT WORKS.  IT'S ONLY AN IDEA FOR YOU TO TRY.  God bless.  I'm praying for all of you who are still suffering through this issue.

GabiU
Level 15

Reporting back--I hope some of you got that "accepted" status this past weekend. 

If you are you still in pending status and/or have not received communications from Intuit, like this comment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed 2/14/21 & both federal & state are pending.  I’ve received no information as to what could be the issue.  

amelaz86

I finally got my state tax to “reject” and received and email from Turbo Tax it was due to a charity contribution and I think it was there software.  I emailed the office of the President and was assigned an Advocate that worked on my case.  Here is the email address for the CEO 

[email address removed] he forwarded my email to the department that helped me.

Good luck everyone!! 

Also, it told me not to resubmit my taxes until the 25th that they are Working with the Arizona tax department to get this fixed.

You notified me that my state return was filed on 2/12/2021.  I have still not received notification that my return was accepted.  Please let me know the status.  Thanks.

You notified me that my state return was filed on 2/12/2021.  I have still not received notification that my return was accepted.  Please let me know the status.  Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies