turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

belandk

Why am I being charged a fee for efiling a state return with turbotax home and business software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Why am I being charged a fee for efiling a state return with turbotax home and business software?

With the CD/Download TurboTax software there are two fees for a state tax return. The first fee is for the state software, but TurboTax Home & Business includes a download of the software for one state at no additional charge. The second fee is for e-filing a state tax return. That fee is separate from the fee for the state software. The e-file fee is charged for each state tax return that you e-file.

belandk

Free, free, free? Isn't this your commercial?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@belandk wrote:

Free, free, free? Isn't this your commercial?

That commercial was for TurboTax Online Free Edition, which is free. You are not using Free Edition. You already paid for the Home & Business software, so you know you are not in the "free, free, free" category.

Correction to original post: TurboTax Free Edition is still free for the state as well as federal.

Evaluator

Why rag on the person?  When I overpay $100 for software, I don't expect to pay to file State.  It should be FREE FREE FREE.  If my State charges the fee, that is not an Intuit issue.  If Intuit is ripping people off, that is a matter to be discussed in a forum.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies