Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to enter Paid Family Leave-CA from my last paystub?

I had a baby in 2021. My employer provided paid maternity leave so I was paid normally through my paycheck with no third party insurance payments. When inputting my W2 I checked the box saying part of my income was for PFL.

When I look at my last payslip of 2021 though, there are three lines with different amounts: leave salary, paid family leave (CA), and parental leave. Do I need to enter the amounts that show up for any of these three anywhere in Turbotax? A colleague of mine who is not using Turbotax who also had a baby in 2021 told me that she entered the "paid family leave (CA)" showing up on her last payslip of 2021 in line 14 of form 540. Where is that line in the Turbotax system?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

@ssetayeshfar  Form 540 is part of the California return.  When you're doing the California portion you can go to the 'Deductions and Credits' section for the paid family leave credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Robert, thanks for responding. Do you know how I can find that form in Turbo tax? That is my main problem. When I go to the state (CA) from the menu and look at the deductions and credits section there is no option same as the line 14 of form 540 for CA adjustments!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies