turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter to receive my Florida Homestead Tax Credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

This has nothing to do with your income tax return. It is not a credit, it is an exemption and you obtain it locally.

In the state of Florida, a $25,000 exemption is applied to the first $50,000 of your property's assessed value if your property is your permanent residence and you owned the property on January 1 of the tax year. This exemption applies to all taxes, including school district taxes.

Please see this LINK for instructions.

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.  An additional question.  I did obtain by Florida Homestead Exemption.   Where exactly would I see my savings show up in terms of actual dollars.  For example, I paid this amount _________ for ___________ prior to the Florida Homestead exemption.  Now I should be paying this amount ________ for __________________ after the filing of the Florida Homestead exemption.

If you could provide an example similar to what I am looking for above, it would help me understand better and appreciated.

Thank you.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You would need to look on your Real Estate Tax Notice. You will see a column that says Exempt value$, it will typically say 50000 for certain things and 25000 for other things. Multiply the Millage Rate listed for each taxing authority by the Exempt Value$ amount to determine how much money you are saving due to the homestead exemption.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies