Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

virginia 502A being forced upon me

TurboTax Business 2020 is forcing me to complete a 502A Virginia tax form for non-resident filings.  The form is not appropriate as we are 100% resident.  This has never happened in prior years.  I deleted the form, but it regenerates.

I think others are experiencing the same.  Has anyone solved?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Spent 2 HOURS on the phone to attempt to resolve this issue.  The ultimate outcome of the phone call was to receive links to new TurboTaxBus software downloads for fed and VA.  I really didn't believe a new download would accomplish anything so I did not install the "new" software (I'd already run the update feature anyway - I'm sure my install was current.)  

Ultimately, after completing the Fed and VA returns in TTBus, I opened the "Forms" view and deleted schedule 502A.  I verified that it had no impact on my primary forms being submitted for VA.  After deleteing I was able to submit electronically to VA.  Hope this helps you out, good luck.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the Forms VIew, I could not see the form either.  I then selcted the Errors! Tab next to it.  When the error cam up on the screen their is an choice to delte form.  I deleted the form and it came back with "No Errors"

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Spent 2 HOURS on the phone to attempt to resolve this issue.  The ultimate outcome of the phone call was to receive links to new TurboTaxBus software downloads for fed and VA.  I really didn't believe a new download would accomplish anything so I did not install the "new" software (I'd already run the update feature anyway - I'm sure my install was current.)  

Ultimately, after completing the Fed and VA returns in TTBus, I opened the "Forms" view and deleted schedule 502A.  I verified that it had no impact on my primary forms being submitted for VA.  After deleteing I was able to submit electronically to VA.  Hope this helps you out, good luck.

Jarrettd

Thanks.  That worked for me too.

This did not work for me ... Form 502A does not show up in the list of Forms in Forms View.  How do I get past this invalid glitch?

Thank you! I was second guessing myself if I had forgotten this form in prior years. I will continue to delete the form and move forward.

I have the same problem. I can't delete the 502A worksheet, it doesn't show up under forms. And 502 is required for all PTEs, so I can't delete that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the Forms VIew, I could not see the form either.  I then selcted the Errors! Tab next to it.  When the error cam up on the screen their is an choice to delte form.  I deleted the form and it came back with "No Errors"

Thanks so much. I realized that I have to just delete the 502A as it appears in forms view and not click around to 502.

Well done "team world".   I was able to delete the unwanted form via form view and complete the process without errors.  Much appreciated!

nique1k1

Thanks for the info, worked perfectly!

mikeontt
Returning Member

works. thanks.  

meh4

Thanks for the suggestion to delete the form - it worked. Any way too report this bug to Turbo Tax?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@meh4 

You can speak with an agent.

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

that worked!  Thanks!!!!

DRW6420

Thank you, this solved the problem- to delete the form 502A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies