turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to efile my State of New Jersey Corp Tax return

I am trying to efile my State of NJ corp Tax return but its not allowing as it keeps defaulting to State corp information worksheet with the company name not populated. I have gone thru the tax return several times

I even tried to override but it still gives me the error. The Corp name is only 6 letters so its not a spelling issue.

Can you help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

C Corp? S Corp? I don't believe TT Business  supports efiling of these state forms.

State forms availability table for TurboTax Busine... (intuit.com)

MIncemona

I am also having the same problem.  Cannot e-file the NJ S-Corp return.  But I have two S-corps and one of them did allow me to e-file.  So I am going to wait a bit to see if turbotax fixes this issue!

Hudson333

I am still having same issue, and cannot efile due to error in worksheet with company name, which is correct.

I am unable to e-file New Jersey CBT-100 which is a requirement--the state will not accept paper returns.  There is a problem with the product that may be related to the five return limit filing Federal returns.  I cannot e-file my Federal return for this taxpayer because I have e-filed five Federal returns for other corporations.  That is the limit I am told by the TurboTax for Business software.  I therefore filed a paper Federal return for this taxpayer.  

That appears to be causing a problem e-filing the New Jersey CBT-100 for the sixth corporation I am writing you about.  This is a product problem.  I am now being told that if I purchase another copy of the 2020 TurboTax for Business I will be able to file five more Federal returns and that this will allow me to e-file New Jersey returns.  

That doesn't make sense to me.  How am I able to purchase a second license and call up tax returns stored under my first license.  I have multiple returns started under the first purchase of the software.

And why am I required to purchase a second license merely to comply with the New Jersey electronic filing requirement that is not being handled properly by TurboTax?

Richard Anderson

Having the same problem.  When will TurboTax correct this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that some of the NJ Corp forms cannot be e-filed this year.  Here is a link to the list of NJ 2020 Tax Year Corp Forms that are unsupported for TurboTax e-file:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_nj_windows_corp.ht... 

Manage cookies