State tax filing

I am unable to e-file New Jersey CBT-100 which is a requirement--the state will not accept paper returns.  There is a problem with the product that may be related to the five return limit filing Federal returns.  I cannot e-file my Federal return for this taxpayer because I have e-filed five Federal returns for other corporations.  That is the limit I am told by the TurboTax for Business software.  I therefore filed a paper Federal return for this taxpayer.  

That appears to be causing a problem e-filing the New Jersey CBT-100 for the sixth corporation I am writing you about.  This is a product problem.  I am now being told that if I purchase another copy of the 2020 TurboTax for Business I will be able to file five more Federal returns and that this will allow me to e-file New Jersey returns.  

That doesn't make sense to me.  How am I able to purchase a second license and call up tax returns stored under my first license.  I have multiple returns started under the first purchase of the software.

And why am I required to purchase a second license merely to comply with the New Jersey electronic filing requirement that is not being handled properly by TurboTax?

Richard Anderson