Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

qberna01

The 2018 DC Early Learning Tax Credit for District of Columbia isn't referenced and unclear if the $1000 ELTC is applied when completing my TurboTax returns. FAQs below.

@TurboTaxBillMc thanks for the explanation. i wont claim it then.

The 2018 DC Early Learning Tax Credit for District of Columbia isn't referenced and unclear if the $1000 ELTC is applied when completing my TurboTax returns. FAQs below.

I am not able to complete DC schedule ELC in Turbotax as part of my 2019 DC state return. The DC tax website indicates that a $1,000 refundable credit is available for eligible dependents and expenses but I can't select it in Turbotax. Anyone else faced this problem?

As you probably know, the DC Early Learning Tax Credit was changed to be the Keep Child Care Affordable Tax Credit for 2019, although the DC form ELC is still used.

Note, that the income limit has changed dramatically. Where the upper income limit to take the credit was $750,000 for single and married filing joint in 2018, for 2019, the upper income limit to take the credit was dropped to $150,000 for most filing categories. Please see Schedule ELC. 

If your adjusted gross income is higher than this number, then the screen "Keep Child Care Affordable Tax Credit Summary" will not appear as you progress through DC interview.

Is it possible that your adjusted gross income is higher than $150,000 (or $75,000 if filing married, separate)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies