Hahaman

State taxes pulled, but not by turbotax

This morning I found that PA has pulled my taxes from my checking account, even though I chose the option with Turbo Tax to have pulled from Federal return. Now my page is showing the Federal Return amount with the State Return amount still subtracted from total. What the deal? Am I about to be charged my State Taxes twice?

JotikaT2

State taxes pulled, but not by turbotax

Your state income taxes and federal income taxes are filed with different taxing agencies.  The IRS cannot pay your state with your federal refund when you file your tax return. 

Can you please clarify what the page you are referring to is?  I am assuming you have filed both of your income taxes for federal and state, and that both returns have been accepted.  

Hahaman

State taxes pulled, but not by turbotax

I’m referring to my main page. If you look at total Federal refund and the refund that will be direct deposited into my account when money comes in, the difference is the state taxes. Well the state taxes pulled directly from my account this morning, so why is the turbo tax app telling me I’m still receiving my federal income minus the state taxes owed when I have already payed them